I am a member of the UU Congregation of Frederick in Maryland. I attend a women's group at the UU Congregation of Loudoun in Leesburg, VA. I live an equal distance from the two churches in Harpers Ferry, WV. My vocational calling is as a clinical social worker. I've worked in mental health settings as a case manager/mental health therapist/outreach worker and as a bereavement counselor for a local hospice. I'm in the process of starting my own private counseling practice.
I was first introduced to Unitarian-Universalism when I participated in a women's group at Mount Vernon Unitarian Church in the early 1990's. This metamorphosed into another group which came together to do the "Rise Up" curriculum. It was a close group of women who met for several years and began a tradition of yearly retreats in the Blue Ridge mountains.
I began attending services at the Unitarian-Universalist Church of Arlington and became a member in 1999. I was married at the Mount Vernon church in 2000. When I moved to West Virginia, I joined the Loudoun congregation and then moved on to the Frederick one because my family sought a larger congregation with a more dynamic RE program.
- JPDWR - Dissolved in 2011
- .....and another thing
- 2007 Fall Retreat Report
- 2008 Fall Retreat
- 2008 Retreat - Tell me more!
- 2008 Retreat Leader - Sarah Campbell
- 2009 Retreat: We are fully booked!
- 2010 Fall Retreat!
- 2010 Retreat Registration Form
- 2011 Schedule
- A hot dish for a cold night
- A Taste of Cakes: RETREAT CANCELLED
- Baltimore Drumming Circle 1/31!!
- Becoming Women of Wisdom: New Curriculum READY!!
- Drumming Circle Coming: March 13th!
- Drumming Circle March 19th: SAVE THE DATE!
- Drumming in Harrisburg
- Facilitators' Circle
- Finding God/dess in Autism: A sermon
- Friday Oct 15 Sacred Dance/Sacred Drumming
- Meditation: Hanging in there!
- Meet Sheri Philpott, new to the Facilitators' Circle
- October 2008 Retreat info
- October 2010 Retreat a Rousing Success!
- Places to Go Dates to Keep
- Poetry Corner
- Recommended Books and Movies
- Retreat Center
- Retreat Ruminations
- Role of Women's Spirituality in Creating a Sustainable Future
- Sister to Sister
- The Blue Cotton Gown: A Midwife's Memoir
- Who does she think she is?: Documentary Film
- Women and Mythology Conference 4/23-25