The new curriculum “Becoming Women of Wisdom: Marking the Passage into the Crone Years” may now be purchased!
Some of you saw a proof of the program or participated in a workshop at the International Convocation of U*U Women. This new "croning" curriculum may be ordered now.
Download the flyer at the UU Women & Religion online store at http://www.uuwr.org. Click on STORE in the left side menu.
This curriculum in 13 circles is designed to prepare women who are entering or have passed through menopause to take on the important role of Crone/Wise Women in their communities and to participate in a ritual celebrating becoming a woman of wisdom. The program helps open the participant to the power, wisdom, and insight of the mature self.
Imagine entering the labyrinth of your psyche, slowly following its turns in and out as you weave yourself toward the deep center of your essential knowing. As you make your way forward, you remember the past, integrate its lessons and shed its excess baggage, until you come to the present moment of possibility and transformation.
There you claim the beauty and truth that can be yours and begin your walk out of the labyrinth, integrating your new found knowledge and the thirteen guiding principles of a crone as you retrace your steps.
Before you reemerge into the world, you celebrate your new state and assume the crown and mantle of the crone. As a mature woman of action and compassion, you claim your power as a woman of wisdom.
The curriculum was written by Melody Lee, in collaboration with co-creators Karen Edwards and Dorothy Emerson. For more information, please contact Dorothy at Rainbow Solutions, 781-391-6455 or RevEmerson@aol.com.
- JPDWR - Dissolved in 2011
- .....and another thing
- 2007 Fall Retreat Report
- 2008 Fall Retreat
- 2008 Retreat - Tell me more!
- 2008 Retreat Leader - Sarah Campbell
- 2009 Retreat: We are fully booked!
- 2010 Fall Retreat!
- 2010 Retreat Registration Form
- 2011 Schedule
- A hot dish for a cold night
- A Taste of Cakes: RETREAT CANCELLED
- Baltimore Drumming Circle 1/31!!
- Becoming Women of Wisdom: New Curriculum READY!!
- Drumming Circle Coming: March 13th!
- Drumming Circle March 19th: SAVE THE DATE!
- Drumming in Harrisburg
- Facilitators' Circle
- Finding God/dess in Autism: A sermon
- Friday Oct 15 Sacred Dance/Sacred Drumming
- Meditation: Hanging in there!
- Meet Sheri Philpott, new to the Facilitators' Circle
- October 2008 Retreat info
- October 2010 Retreat a Rousing Success!
- Places to Go Dates to Keep
- Poetry Corner
- Recommended Books and Movies
- Retreat Center
- Retreat Ruminations
- Role of Women's Spirituality in Creating a Sustainable Future
- Sister to Sister
- The Blue Cotton Gown: A Midwife's Memoir
- Who does she think she is?: Documentary Film
- Women and Mythology Conference 4/23-25