It addresses such universal, contemporary issues as drug abuse, teen pregnancy, menopause, mother-guilt, infertility, domestic violence, transgender change, midlife sexuality, keeping a marriage together and the crisis in the US health care system. Sound like a lot? All in a day's work for any health care provider who takes the time to listen. The book is receiving excellent reviews, is a compelling read and makes a great discussion tool.
Nobody writes with more candor and compassion about women's woes and women's triumphs than nurse-midwife Patricia Harman. Her behind-the-exam-room-door memoir is a bittersweet valentine to every woman-young and old-who has ever donned that thin blue cotton gown, to every dedicated healthcare provider, and to every husband-wife medical team. I couldn't put The Blue Cotton Gown down." -Sara Pritchard, author of Crackpots and Lately
"With compassion, forthright honesty, and talented writing, the author draws the reader into her patient's lives, the memories of whom last long after the book is finished.” Helen Varney Burst, original author of Varney’s Midwifery
"Patsy, more than any other writer in this time, has the skill to take us into a world where tragedy and joy mix every time the exam door closes behind another woman.” Penny Armstong, co-author of A Midwife’s Story
- JPDWR - Dissolved in 2011
- .....and another thing
- 2007 Fall Retreat Report
- 2008 Fall Retreat
- 2008 Retreat - Tell me more!
- 2008 Retreat Leader - Sarah Campbell
- 2009 Retreat: We are fully booked!
- 2010 Fall Retreat!
- 2010 Retreat Registration Form
- 2011 Schedule
- A hot dish for a cold night
- A Taste of Cakes: RETREAT CANCELLED
- Baltimore Drumming Circle 1/31!!
- Becoming Women of Wisdom: New Curriculum READY!!
- Drumming Circle Coming: March 13th!
- Drumming Circle March 19th: SAVE THE DATE!
- Drumming in Harrisburg
- Facilitators' Circle
- Finding God/dess in Autism: A sermon
- Friday Oct 15 Sacred Dance/Sacred Drumming
- Meditation: Hanging in there!
- Meet Sheri Philpott, new to the Facilitators' Circle
- October 2008 Retreat info
- October 2010 Retreat a Rousing Success!
- Places to Go Dates to Keep
- Poetry Corner
- Recommended Books and Movies
- Retreat Center
- Retreat Ruminations
- Role of Women's Spirituality in Creating a Sustainable Future
- Sister to Sister
- The Blue Cotton Gown: A Midwife's Memoir
- Who does she think she is?: Documentary Film
- Women and Mythology Conference 4/23-25