It's easy enough for all of us to say "Be Strong."
It's another thing to put it into practice, and at the right times.
I was thinking, How Does One Do That? I think I've been able to do that by focusing on listening to The Strong Woman Within.
You have that Strong Woman Within. She thinks and she feels and she cries and she grieves, but underneath all that she knows what is necessary for you to do for YOU.
Listen to that Strong Woman. Use her strength -- to make decisions that are right, and to stand behind them. To do what you know you need to do. To gather the collective strength and wisdom of your friends and use it as yours -- because you'll surely return the favor some day when one of them needs an extra boost.
Hang in there and do what you know you need to do. Let that Strong Woman within and your Strong Friends (wherever they are) help you through this tough time.
Because once this tough time has passed, you WILL have glorious things to explore and wonder over and rejoice in. Look forward to that!
Kathy Claycomb (UU in northern Wisconsin)
- JPDWR - Dissolved in 2011
- .....and another thing
- 2007 Fall Retreat Report
- 2008 Fall Retreat
- 2008 Retreat - Tell me more!
- 2008 Retreat Leader - Sarah Campbell
- 2009 Retreat: We are fully booked!
- 2010 Fall Retreat!
- 2010 Retreat Registration Form
- 2011 Schedule
- A hot dish for a cold night
- A Taste of Cakes: RETREAT CANCELLED
- Baltimore Drumming Circle 1/31!!
- Becoming Women of Wisdom: New Curriculum READY!!
- Drumming Circle Coming: March 13th!
- Drumming Circle March 19th: SAVE THE DATE!
- Drumming in Harrisburg
- Facilitators' Circle
- Finding God/dess in Autism: A sermon
- Friday Oct 15 Sacred Dance/Sacred Drumming
- Meditation: Hanging in there!
- Meet Sheri Philpott, new to the Facilitators' Circle
- October 2008 Retreat info
- October 2010 Retreat a Rousing Success!
- Places to Go Dates to Keep
- Poetry Corner
- Recommended Books and Movies
- Retreat Center
- Retreat Ruminations
- Role of Women's Spirituality in Creating a Sustainable Future
- Sister to Sister
- The Blue Cotton Gown: A Midwife's Memoir
- Who does she think she is?: Documentary Film
- Women and Mythology Conference 4/23-25