These pages are an archive for the Florida UU Women and Religion chapter that dissolved in 2010. Continental UUW&R is maintaining the site and seeking news of UU women in Florida to include. Fortunately the NE Florida Cluster women continue the retreat tradition with an event each Spring. Watch the UU Women's Events list at right for info!
Please peruse the Conference and Retreat Guides written by Rev. Barbara Child and updated by the FLUUWR group. We think the Guides can serve as a good solid basis for your group to modify for their own, and we invite you to do so! Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Blessed Be!
Important Things to Remember:
- We will be renting inexpensive folding chairs for outdoor seating under the tent/canopy. If you would be more comfortable bringing your own outdoor chair for whatever reason, please do so. Remember to put your name and number on it, just in case...
- Item(s) for outdoor altar. (please mark them discreetly with your name)
- An anecdote about a favorite ancestor to share at the campfire.
- Any kind of noise-maker for the opening ritual. Drums and instruments for our fire pit celebration.
- Books to donate to our book sale (proceeds go towards W&R scholarships)
- Snacks, fruit, cheese, drinks to share in the Social Hour Friday or Saturday afternoon .
- You may want to bring a flashlight. Favorite drinking mug. Extra beverages for your cabin (refrigerator available).
- Basic comfort clothes (shorts, slacks, walking shoes, P.J.s, sweater), sunscreen. Insect repellant may be important to you, since we are meeting outside in the evening. NO PERFUMES PLEASE!
- “goddess clothes” (loose, swirly, colorful outfit suitable for dancing, comfortable for outdoor wear) for Saturday evening.
- Money to spend at the artisans’ bazaar, at the W&R used book sale and for refreshment/snack donations.
- A mat or a towel for yoga.
- Binoculars or camera for nature walking.
- You don’t need to bring: sheets or towels