The Association for the Study of Women & Mythology is thrilled to announce our first multi-day biennial conference, to be held April 23-25 at the Kirkridge retreat center, Bangor, PA, in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, several hours from New York City and Philadelphia.
Our film festival will host the world premiere of "Pink Smoke Over the Vatican," about the ordination of Catholic women priests, and will feature ethnologist Sabine Jell-Bahlson's films on Mammywata.
Poetry readings, art displays, ritual, performances (including music by Ruth Barrett and a reading by Elizabeth Cunningham) and interactive programs will be featured.
Topics include lady of the beasts, publishing goddess scholarship, archaeomythology, spiritual geometry and the goddess, the divine feminine as vortex, finding your sacred language, the wheel of the year as spiritual psychology, frog mysteries, and much more.
Don't miss this unique gathering. Space is limited and registration closes April 15--or sooner if we sell out.
To register, and for more information, go to the conference page on the ASWM website: http://womenandmythology.wordpress.com/2010-conference/
- JPDWR - Dissolved in 2011
- .....and another thing
- 2007 Fall Retreat Report
- 2008 Fall Retreat
- 2008 Retreat - Tell me more!
- 2008 Retreat Leader - Sarah Campbell
- 2009 Retreat: We are fully booked!
- 2010 Fall Retreat!
- 2010 Retreat Registration Form
- 2011 Schedule
- A hot dish for a cold night
- A Taste of Cakes: RETREAT CANCELLED
- Baltimore Drumming Circle 1/31!!
- Becoming Women of Wisdom: New Curriculum READY!!
- Drumming Circle Coming: March 13th!
- Drumming Circle March 19th: SAVE THE DATE!
- Drumming in Harrisburg
- Facilitators' Circle
- Finding God/dess in Autism: A sermon
- Friday Oct 15 Sacred Dance/Sacred Drumming
- Meditation: Hanging in there!
- Meet Sheri Philpott, new to the Facilitators' Circle
- October 2008 Retreat info
- October 2010 Retreat a Rousing Success!
- Places to Go Dates to Keep
- Poetry Corner
- Recommended Books and Movies
- Retreat Center
- Retreat Ruminations
- Role of Women's Spirituality in Creating a Sustainable Future
- Sister to Sister
- The Blue Cotton Gown: A Midwife's Memoir
- Who does she think she is?: Documentary Film
- Women and Mythology Conference 4/23-25