Seeking the Goddess in Nature… Finding the Divine Within
What do we mean when we say The Goddess? Who is She? How do we find Her?
“The Goddess is first of all earth, the dark, nurturing mother who brings forth all life. She is the power of fertility and generation; the womb, and also the receptive tomb, the power of death. All proceeds from Her, all returns to Her. As earth, She is also plant life, trees, the herbs and grains that sustain life. She is the body, and the body is sacred.”
-- Starhawk, the Spiral Dance
During this experiential weekend, we will seek to know Her, deep in our bodies, to understand our parts in the divine dance that is the creative universe. Connecting through the elements of life (Earth, Air, Fire, Water & Spirit) we will work, play, sing and dance in sacred space, opening ourselves to an awareness of the interconnectedness of the web of life.
Beginning with a Waters of the World ceremony on Friday night, and culminating with a ritual walking of the labyrinth on Sunday morning, we will come together as a community of women, sisters on a journey.
- JPDWR - Dissolved in 2011
- .....and another thing
- 2007 Fall Retreat Report
- 2008 Fall Retreat
- 2008 Retreat - Tell me more!
- 2008 Retreat Leader - Sarah Campbell
- 2009 Retreat: We are fully booked!
- 2010 Fall Retreat!
- 2010 Retreat Registration Form
- 2011 Schedule
- A hot dish for a cold night
- A Taste of Cakes: RETREAT CANCELLED
- Baltimore Drumming Circle 1/31!!
- Becoming Women of Wisdom: New Curriculum READY!!
- Drumming Circle Coming: March 13th!
- Drumming Circle March 19th: SAVE THE DATE!
- Drumming in Harrisburg
- Facilitators' Circle
- Finding God/dess in Autism: A sermon
- Friday Oct 15 Sacred Dance/Sacred Drumming
- Meditation: Hanging in there!
- Meet Sheri Philpott, new to the Facilitators' Circle
- October 2008 Retreat info
- October 2010 Retreat a Rousing Success!
- Places to Go Dates to Keep
- Poetry Corner
- Recommended Books and Movies
- Retreat Center
- Retreat Ruminations
- Role of Women's Spirituality in Creating a Sustainable Future
- Sister to Sister
- The Blue Cotton Gown: A Midwife's Memoir
- Who does she think she is?: Documentary Film
- Women and Mythology Conference 4/23-25