Drum out the Doldrums! Beat away the Blahs!
The Facilitators’ Circle of the Joseph Priestley District Women and Religion
and the Unitarian Church of Harrisburg, PA
invite you and the women of your congregation to
A Drumming Circle for Women
On Saturday, March 19, 2011
Join Tammi Hessen of Bumbuda
10 am to 2 pm on
Saturday, March 19, 2011,
at the Unitarian Church of Harrisburg
1280 Clover Lane Harrisburg, PA
Bring your sister, daughter or granddaughter over 10 years, a friend or neighbor to join you in learning the rhythms and sounds of the African traditions of drumming and whole-body involvement as a way to shake out unhappiness and suck in the unbridled joy of celebrating life!
Pack a brown bag lunch (drinks and snacks will be provided), wear loose clothes and comfortable shoes and bring your own hand-held rhythm or percussion instrument. If you don’t own one, Tammi will provide instruments for you to use. Enjoy hours of drumming, dancing, and movement designed to imbue you with a happy, healthy spirit.
Advance registration and payment (mail by March 4th)
$20 per person, $15 for your guest under 16 years;
At the door, $25 for adults, $20 for 16 and under
Space limits us to 50 participants: sign up and pay now to be sure of your place!
Babysitting will be available for pre-registrants only!!!
Please advise, with your registration, the number of children you are bringing and their ages.
Send your check made out to The JPD of the UUA to
Mary Ann Rhoads ... Harrisburg PA 17110
Directions See www.Harrisburg uu.org OR see below
76 Turnpike West, Take exit 247 to merge onto I-283 N toward PA-283/Harrisburg/Hershey, Take exit 2 for PA-441 N, Turn left at PA-441 N/Lindle Rd , Take the 1st right onto Eisenhower Blvd, Take the 1st left onto Clover Ln/Meadow Ln
PA-283 W (signs for Harrisburg), Take the exit onto I-283 N toward I-81/I-83/Harrisburg Take exit 2 for PA-441 N, Turn left at PA-441 N/Lindle Rd, Take the 1st right onto Eisenhower Blvd, Take the 1st left onto Clover Ln/Meadow Ln
I-83 N Entering Pennsylvania, Take exit 46A to merge onto I-283 S toward I-76/Airport/Lancaster, Take exit 2 for PA-441 toward Swatara, Keep right at the fork, follow signs for WI-441 N, Turn right at PA-441 N/Lindle Rd, Take the 1st right onto Eisenhower Blvd, Take the 1st left onto Clover Ln/Meadow Ln
- JPDWR - Dissolved in 2011
- .....and another thing
- 2007 Fall Retreat Report
- 2008 Fall Retreat
- 2008 Retreat - Tell me more!
- 2008 Retreat Leader - Sarah Campbell
- 2009 Retreat: We are fully booked!
- 2010 Fall Retreat!
- 2010 Retreat Registration Form
- 2011 Schedule
- A hot dish for a cold night
- A Taste of Cakes: RETREAT CANCELLED
- Baltimore Drumming Circle 1/31!!
- Becoming Women of Wisdom: New Curriculum READY!!
- Drumming Circle Coming: March 13th!
- Drumming Circle March 19th: SAVE THE DATE!
- Drumming in Harrisburg
- Facilitators' Circle
- Finding God/dess in Autism: A sermon
- Friday Oct 15 Sacred Dance/Sacred Drumming
- Meditation: Hanging in there!
- Meet Sheri Philpott, new to the Facilitators' Circle
- October 2008 Retreat info
- October 2010 Retreat a Rousing Success!
- Places to Go Dates to Keep
- Poetry Corner
- Recommended Books and Movies
- Retreat Center
- Retreat Ruminations
- Role of Women's Spirituality in Creating a Sustainable Future
- Sister to Sister
- The Blue Cotton Gown: A Midwife's Memoir
- Who does she think she is?: Documentary Film
- Women and Mythology Conference 4/23-25