The Theme Within: Remarks
Despite (or because of?) a much smaller than anticipated enrollment, JPD W & R facilitators Randa, Laura, Alix and Margaret, two presenters and 14 other women took part in one of the most fulfilling, engaging, bonding retreats in current memory.
From Helen Popenoe, Germantown, MD
My expectation was to find enough healing to be able to face [a] problem when I returned home. I ended up coming home with much more positive energy and healing than I could’ve dreamed would be possible. The after-glowing I feel is blessing me with new lightheartedness and peace in a continuing undercurrent for my daily life, now.
The emotional climate, easy schedule and the content were exactly what I needed. A highpoint was Heather’s “just-right” service she gave us Sunday morning (especially the story about the shards of glass.) I’ve heard that story before and never quite got it until Heather put it into words.
From Alexa Fraser, Rockville, MD
I had a wonderful time. I felt welcomed by a new group of women – I only knew 2 before arriving. I think I know all now. … the sisters and cook were wonderful, the tofu was the best I EVER ate, and I loved the facility. I enjoyed learning about the women in religion movement. I really got a lot out of the workshop. I think I will use Soul Collage through the rest of my life as a tool to access those often hidden emotions!
From Pamela Mann, Pottstown, PA
The women's Retreat was an absolute, positive experience for me. The "belonging to the community" started even before we got there. My friend and I were running late because we got lost and we received a warm phone call of concern and were asked if we still wanted dinner - that some would be saved for us. I connected with every person in the group through Soul Collage and personal experiences. There was an excellent balance between structured "learning" and free time. I can honestly say that I would return in the future searching for the women I met on this special weekend and in hopes of finding new women to meet and connect through the UU faith! Thank you for a wonderful experience!
From Dana Wiley, Ardmore, PA
What a great weekend -- so glad to meet you all and share in the whole juicy, intense, and gratifying Soul Collage experience!
From Cindy Neff, Churchville, MD
I had a wonderful time and am so glad I made the effort to attend. At first I was a little nervous about fitting in, but by the end of the weekend I felt right at home! I loved the Soul Collage theme and look forward to continuing to participate in our local area. The opportunity to be in the company of such wonderful strong women...truly a sisterhood that is so valuable for making this journey through life...and such a source of encouragement and strength!
Thank you so much for the opportunity! I really look forward to the next one at the Claggett Center
- JPDWR - Dissolved in 2011
- .....and another thing
- 2007 Fall Retreat Report
- 2008 Fall Retreat
- 2008 Retreat - Tell me more!
- 2008 Retreat Leader - Sarah Campbell
- 2009 Retreat: We are fully booked!
- 2010 Fall Retreat!
- 2010 Retreat Registration Form
- 2011 Schedule
- A hot dish for a cold night
- A Taste of Cakes: RETREAT CANCELLED
- Baltimore Drumming Circle 1/31!!
- Becoming Women of Wisdom: New Curriculum READY!!
- Drumming Circle Coming: March 13th!
- Drumming Circle March 19th: SAVE THE DATE!
- Drumming in Harrisburg
- Facilitators' Circle
- Finding God/dess in Autism: A sermon
- Friday Oct 15 Sacred Dance/Sacred Drumming
- Meditation: Hanging in there!
- Meet Sheri Philpott, new to the Facilitators' Circle
- October 2008 Retreat info
- October 2010 Retreat a Rousing Success!
- Places to Go Dates to Keep
- Poetry Corner
- Recommended Books and Movies
- Retreat Center
- Retreat Ruminations
- Role of Women's Spirituality in Creating a Sustainable Future
- Sister to Sister
- The Blue Cotton Gown: A Midwife's Memoir
- Who does she think she is?: Documentary Film
- Women and Mythology Conference 4/23-25